Producer of the scandalous "Da Vinci Code" wants to make a screen version of the Beslan tragedy / News / News agency Inforos
Rate it
Producer of the scandalous "Da Vinci Code" wants to make a screen version of the Beslan tragedy

Producer of the scandalous "Da Vinci Code" wants to make a screen version of the Beslan tragedy
Friday British newspaper "The Guardian" published a review dedicated to the world premiere of "The Da Vinci Code", a film based on Dan Brown's book of the same name. The review says the producer of the scandalous film Brian Grazer and Hollywood studio "Universal Pictures" have acquired the rights for making a film about the tragic events in the North-Ossetian town of Beslan in September of 2004.

The article on Beslan written by a correspondent of influential US newspaper "The New York Times", Christopher Cheavers, and entitled "The School" will be published in the coming issue of men's magazine "Esquire" and would constitute the basis for the script of the future film.

According to Grazer, the article shook him by "the depth of human tragedy of those days, which left an indelible imprint on the Russian soul". "The story, said the Hollywood producer, simply cries to be told on the big screen. I have no doubt that it will be an unforgettable picture". Grazer announced his intention to make a screen version of the American reporter's article at the 59th International Film Festival in Cannes where a world premiere of "The Da Vinci Code" was held.

Some Russian media reported that chairwoman of "The Voice of Beslan" Committee, Ella Kesayeva, had already welcomed the Hollywood plans to make a film about the Beslan tragedy. E. Kesayeva expressed hope that the makers of the film would consult the witnesses of the tragic events of the seizure of a school in Beslan by terrorists.

"If they show the truth about what really happened, I think the film should be made. I wonder how they see it. We would like them to consult us, the witnesses, so that it would be a film about what really happened", said the chairwoman of "The Voice of Beslan" Committee.

E. Kesayeva seems not to mind that the tragic events in Beslan that still give excruciating pain to thousands of people will become part of mass culture. "If they picture it the way it really happened, even people who come to the movies with a pack of potato chips will not crunch them – they will simply be shaken", says she.

The chairwoman of the Beslan committee believes that "a feature film is best suited to bring home to people what has really happened, it can touch on every soul". "The people will see why we cannot calm down and what kind of tragedy happened there", she said.
Add comment
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Загрузка...

Сообщите об орфографической ошибке

Сообщить
Выделенный текст слишком длинный.