A wave of hoax bomb reports in Moscow is an obvious provocation, and intelligence services are looking for the perpetrators, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told journalists, TASS reported.
"It is obviously a provocation. I won’t say where they (bomb calls - TASS) may be coming from. Intelligence services are carrying out work to identify those behind these provocative actions," the Kremlin spokesman said. "It is, unfortunately, the case when technological achievements and developed communication technologies get into the hands of wrong-doers and instigators," he said.
On February 5, police and bomb experts checked about 200 facilities in Moscow and the suburbs following bomb reports. None of the reports was confirmed. Last week, Moscow and the Moscow Region experienced a similar wave of hoax reports of bombs allegedly planted in social facilities. Some Russian regions have been receiving mailouts about "mined" facilities from abroad for more than a week. None of the reports was confirmed either.